Point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, & peer-to-peer, DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum), Channel Capacity 12 to 16 and 65,000 network addresses available for each channel
The Digi XBee 802.15.4 modules are the easiest-to-use, most reliable and cost-effective RF devices we’ve experienced. The 802.15.4 XBee modules provide two friendly modes of communication – a simple serial method of transmit/receive or a framed mode providing advanced features. XBees are ready to use out of the package, or they can be configured through the X-CTU utility or from your microcontroller. These modules can communicate point to point, from one point to a PC, or in a mesh network.
Because the XBee modules have 2 mm pin spacing, we recommend one of our adapter boards for each module. Our adapter boards provide several advantages to the XBee modules such breadboard-friendly standard 0.1 inch pin spacing, mounting holes, and easy-to-solder connections. Even if you are communicating point-to-point without a PC, we still recommend that you always have at least one XBee USB Adapter Board so you can easily configure and test each XBee module prior to putting it in a point-to-point application.
The alternate style of XBee PRO 60mW Chip Antenna (XBP24-ACI-001) is also available.
- Wire antenna
- Cross-compatibility with other 802.15.4 XBee modules
- Low-power sleep modes
- 300 ft (90 m) indoor/urban range and 1 mile (1.6 km) outdoor line-of-sight range
- Configured with API or AT commands, local or over the air
- 8 digital I/O and (7) 10-bit ADC inputs
- 802.15.4 network topology
- Multiple antenna options
- XBee Adapter Board
- XBee USB Adapter Board
- Remote controlled Boe-Bot robot
- Wireless data acquisition
- Remote signal beacon for adventure seekers
- Remote industrial monitoring
- Lighting control
- Keyless entry
- Up to 115.2 kbps interface data rate
- 2.4 GHz frequency band (accepted world-wide)
- Industrial temperature rating (-40C to 85C)
- Transmit power 63 mW (+18 dBm)
- Supply voltage 2.8-3.4 VDC; transmit current 215 mA; receive current 55 mA
- Power-down current <10 uA
- 3.3V CMOS UART interface level
Note : XBee 802.15.4 and Zigbee modules are not compatible.
XBee PRO S1 long range Module
- Product Code: XBP24-AWI-001
- Availability: Back-ordered coming in 15 days