This development board is a field-programmable gate array (FPGA), meaning that you (yes, you) get the pleasure of configuring the digital circuits on the Mojo v3 to your own specifications! What separates this FPGA from the others is ease of use and the thorough tutorials that Embedded Micro provide (which can be found below). The goal of the Mojo v3 is to get you up and running with a FPGA as easily as possible
The Mojo v3 FPGA uses the logic optimized Xilinx Spartan 6 Lx9 and the high performance ATmega32U4. Needless to say this board has no shortage of processing power. The ATmega32U4 comes with a USB (DFU) bootloader which will allow you to install future upgrades to the firmware without having to buy a programmer. Once the board is powered on, the ATmega configures the FPGA from the flash memory. After the FPGA is successfully configured the ATmega enters slave mode. This allows your FPGA designs to talk to the microcontroller; giving you access to the serial port and the analog inputs.
- Xilinx Spartan6 XC6SLX9 FPGA
- 84 digital IO pins
- 8 analog inputs
- 8 general purpose LEDs
- 1 LED to show when the FPGA is correctly configured
- On board voltage regulation that can handle 4.8-12V
- ATmega32U4 used for configuring the FPGA, USB communications, and reading the analog pins
- On board flash memory to store the FPGA configuration file.
Spartan6 FPGA Mojo V3 Board
- Product Code: FPGA-SP6
- Availability: Back-ordered coming in 15 days