In secure embedded systems, you often need to authenticate messages or connected devices but many microcontrollers aren't set up for the necessary cryptography. That's where the Atmel ATSHA204 comes in.
The Atmel ATSHA204 is an optimized authentication chip that includes a 4.5Kb EEPROM. This array can be used for storage of keys, miscellaneous read/write, read-only, password or secret data, and consumption tracking. Access to the various sections of memory can be restricted in a variety of ways and then the configuration locked to prevent changes.
Each ATSHA204 ships with a guaranteed unique 72-bit serial number. Using the cryptographic protocols supported by the chip, a host system or remote server can prove that the serial number is both authentic and not a copy. The ATSHA204 can generate high-quality random numbers and employ them for any purpose, including usage as part of the crypto protocols of this chip.
This breakout board allows you to use the small SOT-23 package in your prototypes!
- Supply Voltage: 2.0-5.5V
- Integrated capability for both host and client operations
- Superior SHA-256 hash algorithm, HMAC option
- Best-in-class, 256-bit key length; storage for up to 16 keys
- Guaranteed unique 72-bit serial number
- Internal, high-quality Random Number Generator (RNG)
- 4.5-Kbit EEPROM for keys and data
- 512 OTP (One Time Programmable) bits for fixed information
- Sleep Current: <150nA
ATSHA204 Authentication Chip Breakout
- Product Code: ATSHA204
- Availability: Back-ordered coming in 15 days