The Arduino 9 Axes Motion Shield is based on the BNO055 absolute orientation sensor from Bosch Sensortec GmbH. The BNO055 is a System in Package (SiP), integrating a triaxial 14-bit accelerometer, a triaxial 16-bit gyroscope with a range of ±2000 degrees per second, a triaxial geomagnetic sensor and a 32-bit microcontroller running the BSX3.0 FusionLib software.
The sensor features three-dimensional acceleration, yaw rate and magnetic field strength data each in 3 perpendicular axes.
It also provides the sensor fusion signals such as
- Euler angles
- Rotation vector
- Linear acceleration
- Gravity vector
In addition, it incorporates an intelligent interrupt engine, which allows for triggering interrupts based on
- slow or no motion recognition
- any motion (slope) detection
The shield is also TinkerKit compatible, which means you can quickly create projects by plugging TinkerKit modules to the board.
The Arduino 9 Axes Motion Shield has no power jack and is powered only when attached to an Arduino board.
Operating Voltage 5V
Power Consumption 50mW
Input and Output
The shield features several TinkerKit input/output and communication interfaces. Connecting TinkerKit modules can simplify the creation of a project or a prototype.
The on-board connectors are :
- 2 TinkerKit Inputs: IN2 and IN3 (in white), these connectors are routed to the Arduino A2 and A3 analog input pins.
- 2 TinkerKit Outputs: OUT5 and OUT6 (in orange), these connectors are routed to the Arduino PWM outputs on pins 5 and 6.
- 2 TinkerKit TWI: these connectors (4-pin in white) are routed on the Arduino TWI interface. Both connect to the same TWI interface to allow you to create a chain of TWI devices.
The 9 Axes Motion Shield can be programmed with the Arduino software
In the Arduino IDE you will find the following examples, go to File -> Examples of Arduino IDE, under NAxesMotion, there are 4 sketches for the use of 9 Axes Motion Shield:
Example code to stream Accelerometer data
Example code to describe the Bare Minimum
Example code to stream Euler data
Example code of a game to demonstrate the Any motion and No motion Interrupt features
- Stock: Out Of Stock
- Model: A-motion
- Weight: 0.90kg