Energy Meter Shield allows to sense active power, reactive power, RMS voltage and current, among other variables, at a given time.
Energy Meter Shield is a board which enables you to monitor your house, office or any other installation or equipment energy consumption, directly with your Arduino board!, without the need of wiring using the XBee wireless communication.
The Energy Meter Shield has an embedded real time clock, which allows adding the date and time to the sensed data and sending it to another device for its post processing and visualization. It also has a coin type battery socket, as a backup power supply for the real time clock.
The Shield also has an onboard socket for XBee/XBee Pro(link for xbee communication modules) , for transmitting data to other devices, without the need of wiring from the sensing place to the storage, processing and visualization equipment of the data sensed by the Energy Meter Shield.
The Energy Meter Shield is calibrated to work with our non-invasive AC current sensor 30A and a 220-12VAC transformer, so all the shield connections are galvanically isolated from the electric network. (for risk free operation ue 12V AC)
For calibration and monitoring from other devices, the Shield has an opto-isolated pulse output which is proportional to the active energy consumption.
With Energy Meter Shield you can make energy monitoring low cost applications in a simple and fast way.
- Power Meter and apparent
- Meter RMS voltage and current
- Operating range between 0 [V] and 220 [V]
- Maximum current of 30 [A]
- Sensor capable of measuring temperature between -25 ° C and 80 ° C at 3 ° C accuracy.
- Optocoupler pulse output, frequency proportional to watt-hour measured.
- Battery Type Coin 12mm Socket
- Real time clock
- 32kHz clock
- Arduino reset button
- Power supply 5 VDC
- Socket for XBee module connection
- Connectors for electrically isolated probes.
For More Information
- More information on gyroscopes and inertial navigation may be found on Wikipedia:Electricity Meter
Downloads & Resources
Arduino Sample Code (Provided on purchase)
Electricity Energy Meter Shield
- Product Code: Energy-S
- Availability: In Stock