The Intel® Galileo board is based on the Intel® Quark SoC X1000, a 32-bit Intel Pentium®-class system on a chip (SoC). It is the first board based on Intel® architecture designed to be hardware and software pin-compatible with shields designed for the Arduino Uno R3.
This platform provides the ease of Intel architecture development through support for the Microsoft Windows*, Mac OS*, and Linux* host operating systems. It also brings the simplicity of the Arduino integrated development environment (IDE) software.
The Galileo board is also software-compatible with the Arduino Software Development Environment, which makes getting started a snap. In addition to Arduino hardware and software compatibility, the Galileo board has several PC industry standard I/O ports and features to expand native usage and capabilities beyond the Arduino shield ecosystem. A full sized mini-PCI Express slot, 100Mb Ethernet port, Micro-SD slot, RS-232 serial port, USB Host port, USB Client Port, and 8 MByte NOR flash come standard on the board.
The genuine Intel processor and surrounding native I/O capabilities of the SoC provides for a fully featured offering for both the maker community and students alike. It will also be useful to professional developers who are looking for a simple and cost effective development environment to the more complex Intel® Atom™ processor and Intel® Core™ processor-based designs.
• 400 MHz 32-bit Intel® Pentium® instruction set architecture (ISA)-compatible processor
− 16 KByte L1 cache
− 512 KBytes of on-die embedded SRAM
− Simple to program: Single thread, single core, constant speed
− ACPI compatible CPU sleep states supported
− Integrated Real Time Clock (RTC), with optional 3V “coin cell” battery for operation between turn on cycles
• 8 MByte Legacy SPI Flash to store firmware (bootloader) and the latest sketch
− Between 256 KByte and 512 KByte dedicated for sketch storage
• 512 KByte embedded SRAM
• 256 MByte DRAM
• Optional micro SD card offers up to 32 GByte of storage
• USB storage works with any USB 2.0 compatible drive
• 11 KByte EEPROM programmed via the EEPROM library
• 10/100 Mb Ethernet RJ45 port
• USB 2.0 Client port
• USB 2.0 Host port
• RS-232 UART port and 3.5mm jack
• Mini PCI Express (mPCIe) slot with USB2.0 Host support
Intel Galileo Arduino Freindly SBC
- Product Code: Galileo
- Availability: Back-ordered coming in 15 days