The ColorPAL is a miniature color and light sensor which, through its RGB LED, doubles as a color generator. For sensing color, the ColorPAL uses its LED to illuminate a sample, one color component at a time, along with a broad-spectrum light-to-voltage converter to measure the light reflected back. The amount of light reflected from the sample under illumination from each red, green, and blue LED can be used to determine the sample’s color.
- Detects a full range of colors, and outputs data as RGB (Red/Green/Blue) components.
- Detects broad-spectrum ambient light with sensitivity down to 44µW/cm2 per lsb.
- Generates 24-bit color using onboard RGB LED.
- Plugs into servo headers (with optional cable) or wireless breadboards.
- Single-pin interface uses a simple serial protocol to define and initiate color detection and generation.
- Color detection and generation details handled by onboard microcontroller.
- Onboard EEPROM for saving custom color detection and generation programs.
- Autorun feature permits running a pre-designated EEPROM program with only a power supply.
- Power requirements: 5.0 VDC
- Communication: Serial 1-Wire (asynchronous serial, open drain)
- Dimensions: 1.72 x 0.90 x 0.65 in (44 x 23 x 17 mm)
- Stock: Back-ordered coming in 15 days
- Model: colorPAL
- Weight: 0.10kg